Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Halfway There

So I have reached the halfway point of my weight loss goals and have now lost over 20 pounds! We are only at the midpoint and I still have 20 more pounds to go before I'm at my goal weight. So by no means am I done, although I am feeling mighty victorious. Losing 20 pounds was not as hard as I thought it would be - I didn't have to starve myself, I didn't have to eat 2 shakes and a healthy dinner, I didn't have to give up carbs and I didn't have to drink some weird lemonade. I just had to make better decisions about my food choices and work out more consistently. But again, I'm not there so I'm certainly not the spokesperson for weight loss (at least not yet!).

Is there an inverse of the expression: "every cloud has a silver lining"?

I can totally feel the weight loss. My clothes fit better (I'm down a size). I feel a little more comfortable about my appearance in pictures. I have more energy. But I can honestly say/write that I thought 20 pounds would be more dramatic. Which makes me think losing 20 more will not result in the dramatic change I have been anticipating. So though everything is good, it doesn't feel as good as I expected.

Now I didn't embark on this journey because I wanted a reaction from people or I wanted to enter "America's Next Top Model." I embarked on the journey because I was just tired of my weight preventing me from being the best me I can be. I also now want pass on healthy eating and physical activity habits to my son. And I want him to be proud of his mom.

I just wonder when you get to the point where you're satisfied with your appearance? Or maybe you don't ever get there . . . I guess I was hoping this whole journey has an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment